Currently helping lead the not-so-small-anymore software engineering team at myenergi, a company that makes cool gadgets (and even cooler software) to help people make the optimise their use of renewable energy in their home. I've been a sustainability and green energy nerd for much longer though, but still can't quite afford a Tesla so I have to make do with a bike I found next to a bin.
Projects in flight:
- home energy visualisation project (yeh it's still wip so no link!)
- turning an old kindle into a pi e-ink display for a home calendar
Other stuff I like to do:
- work laptop - MacBook M1 Max
- my laptop - xps13 64-bit i7 running Ubuntu
- my desktop - an old Mac Mini from like 2013 running a hacked upgrade of Catalina
- my phone - oneplus nord2
- Trying to up my AWS skills, but honestly as soon as I get outside of serverless things I lose interest
- I will always love a bit of SQL, but I'm coming round to the world of NoSQL. Depending on the circumstances...